04 January 2009

When in Rome...I mean, Namibia

Last night was by far the best "Namibian Experience" of the trip so far. We went to a traditional Herero restaurant named "Otjikaendu Den" (don't ask me how to say that). Anyways, I really wish I could post pictures on here right now so you could see the yumminess that I devoured last night. Instead, I'll just have to tell you that my meal consisted of goat intestines, goat and lamb chops, goat cheek, goat tongue, goat ear, and goat eye (yes, goat EYE. I popped it out and ate it up). It was actually pretty good. You should try it sometime. :)

Alright, that's my super fun update for now. We head to the North tomorrow for a week of teaching practicum. I'm not sure if I will have internet access or not, but I will update as soon as possible.

Sending all my love from Namibia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that eating all those crazy things in high school was prep work for Namibia?! I can remember you eating bugs, random stuff on the ground, and the best was in North Carolina on the spring baseball trip when we mixed up all the leftovers from Red Lobster in a glass and you drank it up! Goat eye and intestines have nothing on random Red Lobster leftovers. Keep up the good work Butler!!

travelgirl said...

You ate an eyeball? That's sick.

I'm glad you're having such a great time so far!! I look forward to your updates. Make sure you keep a list of all the strange things you eat—I'm sure it would make for some good dinner table conversation one day down the road...

-Miss Holly