22 October 2008

BLOWN AWAY...

I am simply blown away by the generosity from my family, friends, and people that I don't even know that are supporting this endeavor that will take me to Namibia in just over 2 months. My last post a few weeks ago, I stated that I was $268 away from my goal. Over a span of about a week, I received over $1,500 in donations!!! Like I said...blown away! The more that I am able to raise, the greater opportunity I have to stay for longer than a year. I would really love to have that opportunity, but do not want finances to hold me back from continuing this amazing experience. That being said, my goal of $10,000 was kind of a rough estimate of what I was envisioning, so donations will still gladly be accepted. :) Y'all are absolutely amazing. I am so fortunate to have amazing people in my life and I try real hard not to take that for granted.

Lots and lots of love and respect to you all!


Also, be on the lookout for a post in the near future regarding my placement. It looks like I might not get placed with the Himba tribe in the Kunene Region. There is an equally amazing opportunity in the Kavango Region in Northeastern Namibia. I will send more details when I receive them. I just know that it would be in a village in a remote part of Namibia with no electricity and the school has running water. If placed there, I would be the first volunteer that village and school has had. For those of you who know me, know that I would be extremely pumped about that possibility. WorldTeach has been incredible and I am so thankful for them. They are an amazing organization and I am blessed to be a part of it.

If you haven't done so already...GO VOTE!!!!

No comments: