13 January 2008

REASONS TO DONATE

Here are 10 reasons to consider sponsoring my volunteer experience in Kenya:
  1. You will be providing "Double AIDS Orphans" (children who've lost both parents to AIDS) with an experienced, loving, passionate, open-minded teacher.
  2. Donations are tax-deductible. See below for more information.
  3. Your donation is a contribution towards the costs of placing a badly needed volunteer in a developing country.
  4. You will have a hand in improving education in developing countries.
  5. You will be doing something about the AIDS pandemic that is plaguing Africa.
  6. Ever dream of volunteering abroad, but never got around to it? This is an opportunity to be a part of that experience you dreamed of.
  7. You will have first-hand access to my experiences in Kenya.
  8. Your donation towards my participation fees will directly benefit the Village as I have to pay for housing and food for the year.
  9. You will be making a difference in the world from your own home!
  10. The money is not for me; it's for the kids. It's all about the kids!
Please spread the word and forward this site to whoever might be interested in helping.

Suggested donation amounts: $25, $50, $100, $200, $500, or however much you can!

My goal is to raise $6,000 to cover my participation fee and related costs.

To donate, simply click on the "DONATE" icon to the left. It is a secure link. If you feel more comfortable sending a check to me, my address is:

James Butler
1134 Lawson Lane
Austin, TX 78702

To make a tax-deductible donation, send a check made out to "WorldTeach, Inc." to WorldTeach. Please make sure that you note the donation is towards "James Butler--Kenya Year Program." If you don't mind, could you please send me an email (see my profile) when you send the donation to WorldTeach so I can send you a thank you letter? Thanks!

WorldTeach
c/o Center for International Development
Harvard University, Box 122
79 John F. Kennedy Street
Cambridge MA 02138 USA


THANK YOU!

2 comments:

jenn said...

love the chart jim! great to see some progress! you probably already know this, but you might want to talk to your local service clubs such as lions, rotary, etc...they sometimes have some dollars they contribute to such trips. you most likely would have to make a presentation, but pretty sure you would be good with that :). just an idea...if i think of others i will let you know! i linked your blog to mine as well to help raise some awareness. love ya lots kiddo!...m.e.

Angela said...

Kudos to Jenn for linking your blog to hers! Now I am aware of what's going on, dear stranger! :) My prayers are with you. You will be an amazing role model for those kids!! Angela Bungard-Bungard-Bungard-Bungard :)